Updated: January 30th, 2016
- The data that we collect and why we collect it;
- How we use that data;
- How we share data; and
- The rights to your data.
Personal Data That We Collect:
You may be required to submit certain personal data when you register for the Service. The personal data which you may provide to us could include your email, name, address, location, vehicle information, IP address, and other personal data collected from you or through some other form of consent from you or notification to you.
Non-Personal Or Aggregate Data That We Collect:
When you access our Service, we may automatically collect non-personal data from you, such as web pages viewed, browser type, operating system, referring service, search information, device type, page views, usage and browsing habits on the Service and similar data. We may also aggregate demographic information collected from our users (such as the number of users in a particular geographical location) in a manner that does not identify any one individual. We may also aggregate information collected offline in connection with the Service, obtain non-personal data from third-party sources and develop aggregate data by anonymizing previously collected personal data.
It is possible at times when collecting non-personal data through automatic means that we may unintentionally collect or receive personal data that is mixed in with the non-personal data. While we will make reasonable efforts to prevent such incidental data collection, the possibility still exists. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected your personal data, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will only use your personal data as described below, unless you have specifically consented to another type of use, either at the time the personal data is collected from you or through some other form of consent from you or notification to you:
- We may share your personal data collected in connection with providing the Service.
- We may use your personal data to respond to your inquiries or requests.
- We may share your personal data with third parties to further the purpose for which you provided such information to us. Specifically, we may share your information with the following third-party vendors (collectively, the “Third Party Vendors”):
We urge you to read the privacy practices of all of our Third Party Vendors before submitting any personal data through the Service.
- We may disclose personal data as required by law or legal process.
- We may disclose personal data to investigate suspected fraud, harassment, or other violations of any law, rule, or regulation, or the terms or policies for our services or our sponsors.
- We may transfer your personal data in connection with the sale or merger or change of control of Cash Car Buyer or the division responsible for the services with which your personal data is associated.
- We may share your personal data with an affiliate of Cash Car Buyer who is in the same corporate family as us as long as their privacy practices are substantially similar to ours.